Documenting The Second Generation: Children of Holocaust Survivors:
All “Children of Survivors” are welcome to participate in this ongoing project.
Please join me in continuing the memory of the Holocaust by participating in my photographic project which combines new portraits of Children of Survivors( 2G’s), vintage photos of their family and backgrounds set in Europe. The project has been shown in Art Galleries, Museums and Jewish Centers. Eventually I would like to produce a photography book.
1. Please send me your name and the city and state you live in, or country if you are outside the US, to firstname.lastname@example.org Currently I am taking pictures at my studio in the New York City area. If you live further away please be patient, I plan to travel to take photographs.
2. Before your photo shoot, I will send you a questionnaire and a photo release to sign. I must receive these before proceeding. The release will allow me to show the photographs.
3. You must bring as many family photos from the Holocaust era, that can include pre-war and early post war photos. I know that these are rare and special and hopefully you will have at least three.
4. While you are here during the photo shoot, the photos will be scanned at a high resolution. After the shoot we will send you a link to these files which you may use. You will take the photos home with you.
5. During the shoot you will photographed holding the photographs.
6. You will need to bring three changes of clothing with you.
7. Hair and make-up will be done here.
8. Please plan to be here for 4 hours.
9. We will provide food and beverages; however, we aren’t Kosher so you may need to bring your own.
#Children of Survivors #Second Generation #Holocaust #Genocide #Photography #Portrait Photography
# Fine Art Photography #Concentration Camp #Jew #Jewish # Refugee #HIAS # DP CAMP #Poland
#Warsaw #Krakow #Bochnia #Belzec #Auschwitz-Birkenow #Schindler's List #Paris #Toulouse #Pyrenees
#Vichy France #France